Burn Fat With These Healthy Foods-Eat and Lose Weight!

Burn Fat With These Healthy Foods-Eat and Lose Weight!


I love to eat but do not like to gain weight so any foods that are going to help me lose or maintain weight are an absolute plus. The list below is a great resource as I religiously drink green tea, eat string cheese and nuts and really find that I am able to maintain my weight and feel full. Hope these help you out!

Super Foods To Rev Up Your Metabolism

**Tofu-is a good source of leucine-a friendly protein that helps you stay thin. Dietary leucine in tofu is an amino acid linked to maintaining muscle mass and reducing body fat during weight loss. I think that the extra firm tofu is the best so if you are new to tofu I would give this a shot first..

**Green Tea-has caffeine and catechins (plant nutrients) that might help raise your metabolic rate by up to 3.5 percent. So studies indicate that green tea may give you an increased metabolism, a positive effect on blood sugar and insulin regulation, and possibly the inhibiting of certain enzymes which are required for the processing of carbohydrates and fats. It is recommended to sip 32 ounces a day. I love green tea with a little Stevia-cold or hot!

**Lean Meats-are rich in protein, which takes more energy to digest than carbs or fats. Protein makes you feel satisfied too. (I'm a vegetarian but I refuse to be biased).

**Whole-Grain Cereal-complex carbs in the morning are a great way to fuel your body for the day ahead. I find that these also keep you fuller longer so you aren't apt to snack on unhealthy alternatives.

**Coffee-Caffeine speeds up your metabolism making it easier for us to burn more calories --- even while at rest, and coffee gives you more energy for a tougher workout that lasts longer, making it possible to burn more calories (if you exercise that is-I am still working on getting the exercise in).

**Low-Fat Dairy-it is packed with protein and helps build muscle and banish fat. Please keep in mind that due to all the bovine growth hormone in our dairy products I am not a big proponent of dairy unless it is organic and then I say proceed with some caution. Did you know that U.S. milk is banned in Europe because of the bgh hormone? Another scary food thought.

**Nuts-packed with protein and fiber, a handful (or entire jar a day in my case) at snack time keeps your body full. Anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis knows that my number one diet secret is NUTS. I love them and it is the only way I can stay thin. Long live nuts!
ref for this article from my mysteriously appearing Good Housekeeping April 2009.

1 comments:

Blogger (visit their site)

With bistroMD you know that not only will you get tasty entrees, but that every entree and each in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to promote an healthy diet.

STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and decide on the meals you desire for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan online.
STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your door.

TRY IT NOW - home delivery.