Reduce Your Chances Of Cancer With These Healthy Tips

Cancer is one of those things that I don’t really like to think about happening to me or someone that I care for but the reality is that it is out there and since there are ways to help you improve your chances of not getting it I decided to post these tips to help lower your risk of getting cancer. For some reason I don’t see myself getting cancer (my friend Deanna says that I seem to think that I am invincible-I know that I am not but try to be positive) but one never knows so it cannot hurt to live a healthy lifestyle that may keep the evil cancer away.

Easy Tips To Keep Cancer Away-Healthy Too!

Obesity is a risk factor in six types of cancer. Consuming alcohol, red meat and processed meats like ham, sausage and bacon also raises your odds, while eating more fruits and non-starchy vegetables and getting more exercise lower your risk. Apparently these findings are noteworthy because a team of international experts spent five years reviewing all the evidence.

1.) Eat vegetables like baby carrots, a refreshing leafy green salad with some broccoli, tomatoes or cauliflower thrown in, red pepper slices and snap peas instead of eating chips, zebra cakes, and other fun yet not so healthy snacks.

2.) Eat more fruit- freeze grapes, make fruit salsa, warm up an apple with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. Add some berries to your diet-The anthocyanosides in blueberries are currently the most powerful antioxidants known to scientists and are beneficial in the prevention of all types of cancer.

3.) Have a nice relaxing cup of Green tea-Green tea is a rich source of a class of flavonoids known as catechins. Studies have shown that the catechins present in green tea are able to slow or prevent the development of cancer in colon, liver, breast, and prostate cells. Oh how I love my green tea!

4.) Have whole grains whenever possible-Whole grains contain a variety of anti-cancer compounds, including fiber, antioxidants, and phytoestrogens. When eaten as part of a balanced diet, whole grains can help decrease the risk of developing most types of cancer.

5.)Don't count on vitamin supplements to protect you against cancer; in some cases, they may even increase your risk. Visit http://www.howsafeisyourvitamin.com/ for a free report on what really is in vitamins.
-
6.) Don't Smoke- "The single most important agent that has been unequivocally linked to cancer is cigarette smoking." It is very ,very compelling:lung cancer, cancer of the throat, tongue,bladder,stomach and lips.

Once again many of the same foods keep recurring for good health, burning fat, helping you sleep, and now fighting diseases. Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. I have had several people ask me my favorite green tea and I will tell you it is Tazo Zen green tea. It is a nice smooth tea with spearmint and lemongrass (I am not getting paid to say this). I have tried what feels like a hundred different ones and to be honest (I hate to admit this) completely was disgusted witht the green tea taste. The ones with fruit taste added made me want to spit (although I drank them all it was a true effort to get it down) and then the plain ones bored me but then this one FINALLY came along and I can drink at least 5 or more cups a day and love it (it smells really good too). What is your favorite green tea or try the Tazo and let me know what you think (I get it at the grocery store-Target-and it is only about $3.00 for 20 bags-so affordable). And as always I am way, way, way behind on my commenting and dropping of entrecards but trying to catch up so hang in there with me if you will. I always pop back up somewhere.

0 Responses to "Reduce Your Chances Of Cancer With These Healthy Tips"