Waking Up to My Body’s Changes

Photobucket Since making up my mind a couple of days ago to work my body up to the point where I can start jogging, my legs have been so sore! It’s a good kind of sore, though. After jogging that little bit the first night and then coming home and doing my resistance bands, I was sore yesterday. Then last night it was rainy so I couldn’t go outside. So, I turned on some music and jogged in place for as long as I could, then I just moved around (did some air punches, etc) just to keep my heart rate up. I also did my resistance bands with my legs and arms, and did my crunches.

I got to thinking last night about other things I could do to help build up my leg muscles to help this process move along. I started thinking about when I was a kid and I took ballet classes how strong my legs were. I still remember a lot of the basic steps. I was so young when I started those classes that the moves were ingrained into me. In fact, to this day when I stand with my feet together I stand in first position! Anyway, I balanced myself with one hand on the wall and did some plies and some eleves. Those are really good for the legs. I sure felt it when I got up this morning!

If you’re interested in trying some basic ballet steps to help build some leg muscles and work on balance, About.com walks you through some very simple moves, and shows you the 5 positions of the feet. Of course, walking through some of these things myself, I remembered why I dropped out of ballet class in the first place - I’m not exactly the most graceful person on the planet! But it’s fun and relaxing for me to put on some Mozart and try while building muscle so I can work towards my goal to be able to jog.

I also did my weigh in today. I’m at 171. I’m a little frustrated that I haven’t gotten below the 170 mark. I’ve been stuck around this level for weeks now. Hopefully this new decision that I’ve made and the new push in my work-out routine will help that.

Have a good weekend!

0 Responses to "Waking Up to My Body’s Changes"