Plantains on Sunday Morning

I love plantains or “platano.” This is the alternative of our saging na saba in the Philippines. I cooked this by frying but my friend boils them like nilagang saging but I never tried that. If the plantain is not very ripe, I put a little sugar before frying but if it’s ripe already, I just put the sugar on the side after cooking. They are similar to our Dole or Chiquita bananas although the skin is thicker. I could make around eight to ten slices in one fruit. We always have them in the house. Like now, my daughter requested some as soon as she woke up. Sometimes, I can buy a bag of green plantains from Costco and I store them inside a brown plastic bag for a week and they will be nice and yellow ready for frying. Do not worry if you see some brown on the skin, the inside is still ok as long as it’s not too soft. We have “platanos” here but I still miss our banana cue that we buy from the tindahan.

0 Responses to "Plantains on Sunday Morning"