Health Tip #47: Drink room temperature water instead of ice cold water

Fact:
Drinking cold or ice cold water (or any other cold beverage) "shocks" the body and runs through it quicker compared to drinking room temperature water. The body will therefore not "have time" to pick up all the nutritiens in the liquid you ingest.

Truth:
It can be very hard to adjust from drinking cold water to drinking warm water or temperature water. I know that myself as I have gone to drink only room temperature water nowadays.
It was hard in the beginning because warmer water just simply didn't taste as good as cold water.
Until I did it so many times til I got used to it. Now I hardly drink cold water as I don't like it. If I were to order water in a restaurant, I'd order regular water without ice.

Tips:
- Do not drink warm/room temperature water straight from the tap - instead have a can of water in the kitchen that you always refill with cold water whenever it's half full.
- Carry a bottle of water with you everywhere you go to make sure the water you drink will be of room temperature.

0 Responses to "Health Tip #47: Drink room temperature water instead of ice cold water"