New diet over the next 3 months because of the results of the food intolerance test I took

I took a food intolerance test at my nature therapist's office a few days ago. All she needed was some blood from my finger and after 30 minutes the results were in!
Basically, this food intolerance test tells you if you have any intolerance to any of the following 46 foods (see the list below), from "nothing" to "little", "medium" or "big" (there are other similar tests that includes more foods). Usually everyone has some intolerances. I had "little" and "big" ones.

If I avoid the foods that I have a big intolerance to (and only eat the foods where my intolerance is low to every now and then), my nature therapist recommends me to take a new test after 3-4 months and then the test should show better results. Slowly, I should be able to eat everything again!
If I get the same result on something that I avoided it could mean that it is not an intolerance but an allgery instead. But allergies can be cured too. Everything can be cured. :)

Anyway, here is the list of the 46 foods I'm talking about. I will avoid these and these completely for 3 full months, starting today (March 1st, 2009). In the beginning of June I will take a new test.

1. Oat
2. Wheat (= Almost all types of bread and cookies - GOOD - now I have a reason to quit these! :D)
3. Rice
4. Corn
5. Rye
6. Durum wheat
7. Gluten
8. Almond
9. Brazil nuts
10. Cashew nuts (Aww... My favorite nut! Lol. But I don't eat it often anyways. :)
11. Tea (Doesn't bother me.)
12. Walnut
13. Dairy/Milk products (Doesn't bother me because I usually drink soy milk or have soy yoghurt anyways. Good thing I tolerate soy! :)
14. Egg (Hmm... I don't have egg too often, but I like them...)
15. Chicken
16. Lamb meat
17. Red meat
18. Pork
19. White fish (cod & plaice)
20. Freshwater fish (salmon & trout)
21. Tuna
22. Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster & clam)
23. Broccoli
24. Cabbage
25. Carrot
26. Leek
27. Potato
28. Celery
29. Cucumber
30. Pepper/Paprika (red, green & yellow)
31. Leguminous plant
32. Grapefruit
33. Melon
34. Peanuts
35. Soy
36. Cocoa/Cacao (I'll have candy instead of chocolate... ;)
37. Apple
38. Blackcurrant
39. Olive
40. Orange och lemon
41. Strawberry
42. Tomato
43. Ginger (both fresh and dried)
44. Garlic
45. Mushroom
46. Yeast

I think this will be pretty easy to stick to for 3 months.
Except for cutting out bread and cookies,
I'm not making any major changes. I think I will do just fine without chocolate and eggs (and pasta made of wheat). Plus, this will force me to be even more creative when coming up with new dishes! Yay. :)

So bascially, "Leo's 3 Months Diet" (as I will label all future posts on this topic) will be:
- Eating just about anything except this and this!

0 Responses to "New diet over the next 3 months because of the results of the food intolerance test I took"