Health Tip #96: Replace pasta with the similar tasting Wakame algae

A while ago I wrote about the Chlorella algae tablets that I take.
Right now I'm on a break from them and I just discovered their replacements!
The Wakame algae.

The Wakame algae is a dried algae (grown in Japan) that I've come across lots of times in health stores, but they never looked tasty so I never ended up buying them (check the pictures!).
I figured taking algae tablets would do it. No need to eat something that tastes nasty just to get its benefits, right??

Well, I was wrong in the first place...

I finally decided to buy them and try them since my brother recommended them out of the blue.

My verdict?

The Wakame algae tastes like lasagna pasta!!
Only more chewy!
And a lot more healthier!

I really recommend this as a side dish, in salads (chopped) in soup (chopped too), just as it is or even as a replacement of pasta.

Here's the steps on how to prepare them:
1. Rinse under cold tap water for a minute.
2. Soak for 5 minutes.
3. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
...and 4. Done! Ready to eat!

Did you ever try these or other algaes?

0 Responses to "Health Tip #96: Replace pasta with the similar tasting Wakame algae"