Health Tip #65: Soybean milk as a substitute for cow's milk

As I mentioned in the previous post, this one will be about the benefits of soybean milk/soy milk/soya milk.

I recently shifted from cow's milk to soy milk for a couple of reasons. From friends I heard it was better, so I decided to try it and read upon about it.

I found out that soy milk bascially is made out of soy beans and water. The mixture has a similar taste to cow's milk, which, of course, is an alternative for vegetarians and vegans. The amout of protein is almost about the same as in cow's milk, and since it lacks of vitamin B and calcium, those two vitamins are usually added. It's also safe to drink for people with milk allergy and who suffers from lactose intolerance.

The best benefits I found are that it has very little saturated fat and zero cholesterol compared to cow's milk. And because of this, there have been studies that comes to the same conclusion: soy milk may reduce the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.

Not only this, but it's also kind of tasty! Especially with that porridge of mine...

0 Responses to "Health Tip #65: Soybean milk as a substitute for cow's milk"